Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Lindelof's Taiwan Bucket List

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe that in ONE WEEK I will be in Taiwan!! (pinch pinch)

The moving process has been long and at times stressful, but I'm almost done. My to-do list is slowly getting shorter and shorter. I couldn't have done all of this without some very special people - my parents, who are generously letting us store my car and all our "treasures" with them, and have brought up their vans to haul my stuff around; evan, who has been amazing in helping me pack and been the muscle behind the whole moving operation, and having my best friend around to keep me positive while Colt is on the other side of the world; AK and Kevin for being amazing, strong men who helped move the dreaded piano; photography clients, who have been so patient in my editing process as I squeeze it in while preparing for the big move; all our friends and family who have supported us and helped us with love and prayers; and Colton, for his support from overseas and his love, and how brave he is for going over before me, and his daily emails that encourage me and get me excited for what’s to come!

I was trying to think of what I wanted to blog about, and I decided to share part of my (our) bucket list for Taiwan:
1. See a sunrise from the top of a mountain
2. Drive our own mopeds
3. Karaoke - Chinese style
4. Travel to different parts of Asia including (but not limited to): Japan, Thailand, Philippines, China
5. Try foods that we wouldn't normally try (ie - duck tongue, quail eggs, etc.)
6. Learn to read and write it (more)
7. Travel the whole island
8. Be in a Taiwan-style photo shoot
9. Book a wedding to photograph
10. Teach someone English
11. Go to a baseball game
12. Learn how to cook from Amma
13. Find a sweet apartment
14. Have a Just Dance marathon with my cousins
15. Go fishing
16. Enjoy the natural hot springs
17. Picture-a-day blog posts

I'm sure there's tons more, but that's it for now.

My prayer requests are for a safe trip to Taiwan, a smooth transition, great opportunities for Colton and I, wonderful new relationships, adventure, and above all - for God's will to be done. I'm soooo excited for this journey and am grateful for the opportunity.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment