Monday, July 25, 2011

Colton - 17 days. Jamie - 51 days.

Let the countdown continue!

I can't believe my hubby is going to be in Taiwan in 17-ish days!! Wow! I'm bummed I can't go with him, but I have a previously booked wedding to photograph that I'm excited for in September, so duty calls :o).

I've already told him that he needs to keep his "firsts" to a minimum until I get there - we'll see how that goes haha. His month there without me will be busy looking for work, learning the transportation system, practicing his Chinese, and getting settled.

Lots of people have been asking how long we plan on staying. There is no set date. The only for sure is that it'll be a minimum of 12 months (teaching contracts are a year long, and they usually start in August, that's why Colt has to leave before me). After that, we'll see where the road takes us. We are excited for new opportunities, and I really think we'll have some fun ones to try, but who knows, we might be so home-sick for WA that a year is all we can do :o).

Colton is convinced that once I'm there, I'm not going to want to leave after only a year...and I'm convinced he's going to melt away after his first month and be moaning for WA rain haha. So we'll see - I think there's a compromise in there somewhere.

My next post I think is going to be about the trip we took there in 2005, Colton's first time there...actually, first time ANYWHERE outside the U.S. What were we thinking? lol Check back for that, and don't forget to read Colt's blog! www.coltonstaiwanadventure.blogspot.com

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment